What Information does Visualarium Collect?
If you choose to use the Visualarium you may be required to provide personal information and authorization. Specifically, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Credit card number
- Paypal Information
- Home and business phone and/or fax numbers
In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
How will Visualarium use the information they collect?
Visualarium will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
1. We will only use the personal information you provide to us or that is obtained through your use of the Site to administer our business activities and provide customers the products and services they have requested.
2. To contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
3. To personalize the way Visualarium content is presented to you.
4. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use and
5. To analyze and improve the services offered on Visualarium.com. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
6. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to the Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
Where Visualarium proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
What is Visualarium Public Information?
Any information posted on community wall and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in community areas.
When will Visualarium contact you?
Visualarium may contact you:
1. In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Visualarium can deliver the services to you;
2. Where you have not opted out of receiving further correspondence;
3. In relation to any contribution you have made to Visualarium.com, e.g. on Visualarium community boards, and chat rooms;
4. To invite you to participate in surveys and votes about Visualarium services (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes where you have not specifically declined.
How does Visualarium protect your Information?
1. Information Security. We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
2. Evaluation of Information Protection Practices. Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
3. Employee Access, Training and Expectations. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
4. What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information. We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Visualarium and Third Party Sites
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk. We will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose any information provided by you or obtained through your use of the Site to any third party unless required to do so by law or disclosure is necessary to enforce our rights under this Agreement or to protect the public.
A Special Note About Children
Please note that persons under the age of 18 ("Children") are not eligible to use or purchase goods or services through the Site unless supervised by a parent or guardian. In addition, we ask that Children under the age of 13 do not submit any personal information even if requested. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 whom you believe has submitted personal information to us, please contact us by email or at (213) 537-9432 and we will take appropriate steps to remove such information from our files.
To better understand how the Site is used and improve the content of the Site, we may set a cookie on your computer. Cookies allow us to personalize the Site and provide the added convenience of remembering your password and login information thereby allowing you to bypass the enter screen when accessing the community.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our online class pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight class information on your second and subsequent visits.
By using the Site you agree that we are not responsible for (i) any disclosure of your personal information made by you to a third party through your use of the Site; (ii) any disclosure of your personal information obtained illegally from us; or (iii) any accidental disclosure of your personal information made by us.
Sale of Business
By using the Site you agree that we may disclose all personal information to a third party considering the acquisition of all or substantially all of our assets or capital stock.
January 15, 2012